Questions to Ask a Prospective Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) Provider
Download this Guide Here
*Update: Get Our Buyer’s Guide with more questions on selecting a UPRT provider
Can you please tell me about your company’s history in UPRT?
- Is UPRT the Provider’s Primary Domain of Business
- Number of Pilots, with Experience Similar to You or Your Flight Department, has the Provider Trained in the Last Three Years
- Get Industry-relevant References and Call Them
- Safety Record (Investigate any Incidents and/or Accidents)
Can you please provide some details on your UPRT program?
- Written Syllabus (preferably Part 141 in US)
- Confirm a Building Block Approach to Training
- Program Must Include Awareness, Prevention and Recovery
- Airplane Upset Recovery Training Aid – Revision 2 Compliant
- Delivered in Relation to the LOC-I Threat Distribution
- Vetted by Industry. If so, how?
- UPRT is NOT Aerobatics: Ask for an explanation why and the answer needs to make sense.
Can you please provide more in depth information about your UPRT instructors?
- Investigate the Extent of All-Attitude All-Envelope Experience of Each Instructor (Amount of Hour, In What Domain (military, aerobatics, UPRT), How Recently)
- Standardized (to what, by whom) and Quality Assured (How)
- Corporate and/or Commercial Operational Experience
- Extensive Instructional Experience in Complex Concepts in Simple Terms
What training platforms do you use for UPRT and Why?
- Preparatory Ground Training and Lectures: e-Learning, Tablet, Instructor-led
- On-Aircraft: Aerobatic-certified or Equivalent (Investigate Level of Maintenance)
- Ground-based and/or In-Flight Simulators: All UPRT Conducted within a Certified Fidelity Envelope and Does/Can this Transfer to You or Your Department’s Operations