The APS Airbus Type-specific Airline Upset Training program has been developed based on years of first-hand experience providing fully comprehensive Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) in Airbus fly-by-wire (FBW) airplanes. Under the leadership of the APS team of Airbus UPRT experts, airlines and training centers have access to turnkey UPRT solutions. The APS Airbus UPRT program is in full compliance with ICAO Doc 10011, Manual on Aeroplane Upset Prevention and Recovery Training, and can be easily tailored to the requirements of regulators, operators, and airlines in any region of the world needing an Airbus UPRT program aligned with their National Aviation Authority.
APS Airbus Upset Training Program Overview
The APS Airbus Upset Training program, under the leadership of the APS Airbus UPRT Chief Instructor and his team of Airbus experts, can be provided in two forms:
- Airline Direct Training
- The APS team of Airbus UPRT experts provide type-specific UPRT on-site at the customer’s designated facility at any location around the world. APS instructors provide direct line-pilot UPRT. Minimums apply.
- Airline Train-the-Trainer Services
- APS Airbus UPRT experts are certified APS Train-the-Trainer instructors and offer full-service training for any airline to establish its own team of APS-certified Airbus UPRT instructors and subject matter experts.
Why Choose APS?
APS played an integral role in the development of the ICAO Manual on Aeroplane Upset Prevention and Recovery Training along with over 40 expert aviation industry organization from around the world including; OEMs, national aviation authorities, training organizations, and numerous safety bodies. Currently, the APS president leads the Loss of Control In-flight working group for the NBAA Safety Committee, an association that represents more than 11,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world’s largest civil aviation trade show.
APS is the only UPRT company in the world to offer full A to Z UPRT service including technology-based learning, live instructor-led instruction, on-aircraft piston, on-aircraft turbojet, in-simulator non-type-specific, and in-simulator type-specific Loss of Control In-flight (LOC-I) mitigation training solutions. In addition, APS comprehensively serves the industry in five major aviation sectors and is the recognized global UPRT leader in each: 1) corporate flight departments, 2) owner / operators, 3) government and military agencies, 4) flight schools, and 5) Airlines.
APS strategic partnerships in serving the industry in LOC-I solutions include:
- Swiss Re
- Bombardier Leading Edge
- CAE USA, Inc. – Military Division
- CAE, Inc. – Civilian Division
- Embraer Jet Operators Association
- Multiple airlines globally including Delta Airlines and South African Airways