- Ph.D. in Applied Experimental and Human Factors Psychology
- 18,000+ hours flight time
- Former Boeing 767 Captain
- FAA Designated Pilot Examiner
- Adjunct Assistant Professor for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Dr. Janeen Kochan is a human factors scientist, instructor pilot and airline captain. Kochan’s areas of research include unexpected events, pilot expertise, human performance, decision making, stress and fatigue, automation, workload, resource management and training. She provides pilot training and is an active FAA-Designated Pilot Examiner. Dr. Kochan has participated in many international working groups and Aviation Rulemaking Committees devoted to UPRT and Airman Certification Standards.