APS Airbus Type-Specific UPRT Instructor
By special request from SAA’s pilot management team due to his all-attitude experience, Brad developed, lead, and maintained the airline’s Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) program. After completing the APS Phase 1 train-the-trainer program that same year, he developed SAA’s Phase 2 Boeing and Airbus UPRT program in consultation with APS. SAA has additionally successfully completed the APS Phase 3 and Phase 4 airline UPRT quality assurance audits. To date, Brad and his team of 12 dedicated UPRT instructors have trained over 800 airline pilots within the company in both initial and recurrent UPRT programs.
Brad holds APS’s highest simulator qualification as an APS-certified Airbus Type-specific A320/330/340 Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) Train-the-Trainer Instructor. He deploys globally to assist airlines with delivering APS’s UPRT directly to their airline pilots and/or assists airlines in developing their own internal ICAO-compliant, APS-certified Airbus UPRT program(s).
- 20+ Years as a Boeing and Airbus Airline Pilot
- Airbus 330/340 Instructor Pilot, South African Airways
- Airbus Display Pilot, South African Airways
- 17,000 Hours Total Time in 65 Airplane Types
- All-Attitude Experience
- 18 Years of Competition and Airshow Display Flying
- 4 Years as Full-Time APS Airbus Type-Specific Jet Upset Training Instructor
- Airshow Display Authorization Examiner (SACAA)
- South African Display Authorization Committee Member