Scott ‘Bonsai’ Dieringer
Scott Dieringer, Training Manager at APS, is an Advanced Upset Prevention and Recovery Instructor Pilot and Part 141 Spin Instructor. Scott joined APS in January of 2014.
Much of his 16-year career aeronautical experience comes from 10 years as an operational US Air Force F-16 pilot, where he dedicated his focus to electronic warfare systems, tactics and the streamlining of pilot training systems. For part of his active military time he was embedded with the US Army as an Air Liaison Officer, advising ground command officers on the use of air power, and conducted forward air control missions during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Scott’s pilot experience includes over 2,500 hours flying F-16s, transport category aircraft, and in a diversity of piston normal and aerobatic category airplanes. He has over 1,000 hours of all-attitude instruction and is a Master Certificated Flight Instructor-Aerobatic. In addition, he has experience in Part 135 flight operations.
Scott is an avid aviation reader and author publishing articles and technical papers with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Skies Magazine. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Texas, a Master’s Degree in Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, and is currently completing an MBA in Aviation. He holds an ATP, a CFI, is a Master CFI-Aerobatic, and is trained as a Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Master Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) – Aerobatic
- Part 141 Flight Instructor
- Certified Flight Instructor
- 10-Years Active Duty Air Force
- F-16CJ/CG/CM Fighter Pilot
- Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School
- Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training Graduate
- F-16 Basic Course Graduate
- Air Liaison Officer Qualification Course Graduate
- F-16 Transition Course Track 2 Graduate
- Fighter Electronic Combat Officer Course Graduate
- Electronic Combat Pilot, 55th Fighter Squadron, Shaw Air Force Base, SC
- Assistant Director of Operations, 11th Air Support Operations Squadron, Ft Hood AIN, TX
- Part 135 Airline Pilot
- Aerobatic Instructor Pilot
- Aircraft Flown: Twin Otter, C-172, DA-20/40, PA-28, Citabria, T-6, Extra 300L/330LC
- Endorsements: Tailwheel, Complex, High Performance
- BS: Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- General Everett McDonald Scholarship Recipient
- Four-Year Full ROTC Scholarship Recipient
- Distinguished Graduate, Det 825, University of Texas
- MAS: Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- MBA: Aviation, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (In Progress)